Eriugena: Daily Prayers of an Irish Pilgrim

Called through the Word to the everlasting journey in the Spirit from nothingness to union with the One who is the Beginning and the End

Thursday

Jul 14: I AM WHO I AM


Raffaello Sanzio: God Speaks to Moses from the Burning Bush
Stanza di Eliodoro, Palazzi Pontifici, Vatican, 1512

Memorial of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, virgin

Reading I: Ex 3:13-20

But Moses said to God, “If I come to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” He said further, “Thus you shall say to the Israelites, ‘I AM has sent me to you (NRSV, Ex 3:13-14).’ ”

Father, you love us so much that you offer us an ever-increasing share in your life through the Word in every moment. And more than that you reveal your very name to us, so much do you love us. Father, may we always live in such a way as to be worthy of your great love in fidelity to your sacred name.

Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home